Super easy, done in less than an hour and the results are always satisfying. Eaten hot or cold, this creamy rich rice pudding recipe is excellent for a day snack or to satisfy a midnight craving. And for those who want their kids to have a nostalgic memory associated with this simple recipe. Let them eat the the sticky bottom of the pan after you finish it. They will over fight it, and as they grow older, even if they turn out to avoid cooking, they will make it just for the sake of this memory.
Easy Creamy Rice PuddingLeave a Review Print Recipe
- Serving bowls
- Measuring cups
- Wooden Spoon
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 1 liter milk
- 1 cup sugar, white
- 2 cups hot water
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup cream
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon and mixed nuts (optional)
- In a pan, bring the milk to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce heat to low and add the rice, stir and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Mix the hot water, sugar, milk and cream in a bowl, add it to the rice and cook, stirring occasionally while scraping the base and sides of the pan with a wooden spoon, for 15-20 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cornstarch to ¼ cup of cold water, and add it to the rice mixture. This will achieve the wanted consistency. When it starts to get thicker, turn off the heat. When it will cool down it will get even thicker. Add the vanilla and stir.
- Remove from the pan. Pour the rice in serving bowls, sprinkle with ground cinnamon, and mixed nuts.
- Let it rest and cool completely and then transfer it to the refrigerator. Serve whenever you like. Some prefer it cold and others hot.