The situation that I’m in right now happens from time to time. My mom is out of town with my sister. So I’m left alone with 2 grown kids, and one normal kid to feed every day. The thing is they think that because I’m working from home that doesn’t take much time or considered that it’s an actual. Daily special requirements are highly requested. And I supposed to fill it!
Big deal!? I know how to cook right! That’s what I thought before I burned two meals on the row (one of them was a quick chicken with peas recipe). But I guess bc I’m on that continuous workload I’m not paying attention to the whole cooking/enjoying the kitchen time that much. It’s wired for me since I loved to get into the kitchen to smash some eggs out of anger and come out with a great cake at the end. Well, that’s not the case anymore kiddo, may this is just a phase.
That’s when I went to my only solution, the one thing that I know to do best, my pasta. I’m famous for that for crying out loud! I know how to do amazing pasta, it was never hard for me–crossing my fingers that it never will be!
That’s when I said enough is enough, no more stressful time to prepare a meal. It’s never working not just in the kitchen. I think I keep burning the dinner because I wasn’t fond of the recipes that I was serving from the beginning. And if you are gonna enter the kitchen and make dinner for your family, even if that’s not your first choice of how to spend your time, do it passionately, think about the best dish you want to do at the moment and search for a pleasing quick, easy recipe for it.
My creamy one-pot chicken and mushroom pasta is this recipe for me. It’s a quick, easy recipe and delicious, I could eat it every day. The reason I didn’t do it in the first is that my dad hates white sauce creamy pasta! Can you even believe him!? Pasta exists in his dictionary only with tomato sauce (and with thick bechamel sauce) like there are some days for tomato sauce and some other for the holy grail different kinds of pasta! I mean are you kidding me! Even when it’s buttery, saucy and glossy and filled with parmesan aroma with that mushroom nuttiness aftertaste. I mean are you freaking kidding me! Why… www…WHY!
He also doesn’t like pizza… Dad, please, I mean… ttyl dad. I have a good recipe to make. I’m just throwing it in here to see what I’m dealing with.
Creamy One-Pot Chicken and Mushroom Pasta
4 large or 6 medium servings
1 lb. Spaghetti pasta. Penne is ideal, but I love Spaghetti 1 cup finely grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish Kosher salt Freshly ground black pepper 2 garlic cloves 250g any kind of Mushrooms. I used white buttons ½ cup heavy cream 1 large red onion* 2 raw chicken breasts, cut in fine slices. 2 Tbsp. Extra-Virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling 1 Tbsp. butter
*The red onion is much sweeter than the white and in our culture, we use it as much as we use the white in our recipes, especially in pasta for a sweetened kick!
1. Bring a large pot filled with very salty water to a boil over high heat.
2. Add 1 lb. spaghetti pasta, stir once or twice with to prevent sticking. Cook according to package instructions until pasta is al dente.
3. While pasta is cooking, make the mushrooms. Pour 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil in a large heated pot. Using a Microplane, finely grate 2 garlic cloves, then cook 250g mushrooms in the oil until they’re tender. Sprinkle salt and pepper at the end, mushrooms love black pepper. Put it on a dish aside.
4. On the same pot, pour a few other tablespoons of olive oil, put the red onion until it’s soft. Add the chicken to it and let it cook over medium heat until it’s tender. Stir it few times to get the golden color on each side.
5. Add the cooked mushrooms to the chicken and onion. Then add ½ cup heavy cream to the mixture and stir it well.
6. Gently toss the pasta in the cream mixture. Then add a bit more pasta water. Toss some more, remove from heat. Stir in a spoonful of butter, and some finely grated Parmesan. Toss it again.
7. Divide pasta among plates. Top with remaining cheese. Drizzle with oil. Add some thyme if you want, et voila.
**Make the recipe in a large skillet with high sides or a dutch oven as you’ll toss a lot of ingredients into the pasta and you want to make sure everything is mixed well.
A trustworthy beauty product recommendations I have discovered, tried and reviewed for you. Get your cocktail, write your reviews with me and forget yourself in this black hole. Keep your point of view coming, I will only stop if you did.