This post is mainly about knowing each other better. For instance, I have never bought supermarket hummus; it is always homemade. IT JUST TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH. Another fact is I can live on cakes or dipping sauces as long as I have the right forks for it. Which, in the dipping situations, is pita chips. Thin, crunchy, homemade spiced pita chips triangles or even raw. I would pack this in my bag through countries. I never go for dipping veggies, oh no no, that’s only for guests LOL. For myself, I love to indulge in this carbs trip solely. It’s one of the easiest recipes, it’s too laughable to call it a recipe. It’s only a small, minor additional detail to a material that’s already hanging in your kitchen, welcoming you to upgrade it and make it suitable for dippings scenarios.
How to do this can’t-call-recipe thing?
Cut the pitas into Doritos triangles size. It doesn’t have to be perfect. It just needs to be triangles shaped. Spray oil or brush it with olive oil and add spices. This way, you’ll make the seasoning stick to it.
Add 3 favorite spices from a selection of these flavors; garlic powders, sumac, cumin, red chili pepper, rosemary or Za’atar. Sprinkle the spices in parallel lines. I’ve chosen garlic powder, cumin and sumac. The cumin ones are my favorite because they match hummus so well.
Bake the spiced pita chips triangles for about 10 minutes or until golden crispy. Keep an eye on it as it doesn’t take long. Learned the hard way.
Homemade spiced pita chips trianglesLeave a Review Print Recipe
- Oven tray or baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- 4 white pitas
- 3 tbsp Olive oil, or any spray oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp za'atar
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp sumac
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp red chili pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut each pita into Doritos size triangles and set on the baking sheet. Spray oil or drizzle the olive oil on top of the triangles.
- Sprinkle three seasonings of choice from the sugggestions and line them in equal fake lines as shown in the picture for each flavor. Make sure that all pitas are covered.
- Bake the pita triangles for 10 minutes or until crispy golden. Transfer into a deep dish or a tray and serve with dips sauces.